header image
[ # ] Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary Leases Land to the Republican Party!
February 13th, 2008 under Baptists, Christian Crap, Christianity, ChristianWalk, Church and State, Hypocrisy, Politics, violence, Walking Like Jesus

pattersonpaige.jpgThere’s currently a lawsuit filed against Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary by a former female Old Testament prof who was fired by seminary president Paige Patterson. She charges that Patterson discriminated against her because she is a woman. Not surprisingly, she argues that when Patterson became president of SWBTS, he assured her that her job was safe, only to fire her later. Patterson lie? How can that be.

Equally disturbing as the fact that Patterson was quoted the following about women, “everyone should own one.” A phrase every Southerner knows used to be said about African-Americans (and probably still is)…is the fact that the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary leases property to the Republican Party. I can’t imagine how many of my Baptist forefathers and foremothers are rolling over in their graves right now. Misogyny—-yeah that’s terrible, but not really too unexpected. Church state issues—wow! But I’m honestly not too surprised.

Here’s a link to the lawsuit.

Here’s a link to discussion about the lawsuit at the SBC Outpost. The comments there are always a hoot!

Nevermind! Don’t waste your time at the Outpost. Not one reaction to the seminary leasing to the Republican Party.

Seems only Bruce Prescott and a guy named Mark Gstohl really care about the church/state issue.

Read the Comments

[ # 36934 ] Comment from dave miller [February 16, 2008, 10:49 pm]

They did not “lease property” to the Republicans, they rented a room for a meeting. As Bart Barber discovered in research, they offered the democratic party the same deal they gave the Republicans.

Leasing implies and ongoing relationship. They rented (Republicans paid for it) a room for a rally.

It is perfectly legal. They offered the same thing to the Dems.

No fan of Paige Patterson, but this rental thing is a non-starter. His comments about owning women were despicable.

Critics of Paige Patterson (count me in) have to be fair and honest.

[ # 128967 ] Comment from http://www.agrimensuranet.com.br/ [October 20, 2013, 4:35 am]

Concentrate on your own generating when you might be behind
the wheel. As a single guy under age 21, you can approximate your potential savings
merely by reducing your present rate by 50 percent and then allowing for operstor
training or good student dscounts where appropriate.
Liffe style chajge lowers the cost of aut insurance.

[ # 128972 ] Comment from young drivers insurance quotes [October 20, 2013, 4:57 am]

Lifetime dog insurance ill cover your dog for its entire life.
Although there are some car insurance companies that still offer good deals.
It took six years of financial and intellectual preparation, but Eli Whitney went to college and graduated at
the ‘advanced’ age oof 27.

[ # 136494 ] Comment from Jani Cutaia [March 25, 2014, 2:28 am]

I all the time used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of net thus from now I am using net for articles, thanks to web.

[ # 138352 ] Comment from AguedaRGJY [January 30, 2015, 2:44 am]

Hi there, constantly i used to check blog posts here in the early hours in the morning, for the reason that i enjoy to learn more and more.

[ # 138520 ] Comment from EffieMartin [March 3, 2015, 11:34 am]

Quality content is the main to attract the visitors to pay a quick visit the web page, that’s what this web page is providing.

[ # 138533 ] Comment from DanutaBosisto [March 7, 2015, 3:04 am]

Amazing issues here. I’m very happy to see your article. Thanks so much and I am having a look forward to touch you. Will you please drop me a mail?

[ # 138584 ] Comment from MasonAllnutt [March 16, 2015, 10:57 am]

A fascinating discussion is worth comment. There’s no doubt that that you ought to write more on this subject, it might not be a taboo subject but typically folks don’t discuss such issues. To the next! Kind regards!!

[ # 155586 ] Comment from Yamonda [October 26, 2015, 3:54 am]

I’m curious which blnogigg platform you might be running? I’m new to running a blog and have been thinking about using the Tripod platform. Do you consider this is a good foundation to start with? I would be extremely grateful if I could ask you some questions through e-mail so I can learn a bit more before getting started. When you have some free time, please be sure to get in touch with me at: . Thanks

[ # 170554 ] Comment from secret sumatra [June 14, 2016, 1:01 pm]

Hello There. I discovered your weblog the usage of msn. That is a very smartly written article.
I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your useful information.
Thank you for the post. I will certainly comeback.

Write a comment

Flickr
www.flickr.com
howieluvzus' photos More of howieluvzus' photos