header image
Recent Comments
Blogs I Read
Archives
The Baptist Top 1000
[ # ] “Heaven-o, I see you have shitzu puppies for sale.”
June 18th, 2009 under New Orleans

See the full story here.

The Kleberg County commissioners on Monday unanimously designated “heaven-o” as the county’s official greeting. The reason: “hello” contains the word “hell.”

“When you go to school and church, they tell you ‘hell’ is negative and ‘heaven’ is positive,’” said the 56-year-old Leonso Canales Jr., who owns the Kingsville Flea Market. “I think it’s time that we set a new precedent, to tell our kids that we are positive adults.”

The new salutation, according to the county resolution, is a “symbol of peace, friendship and welcome” in this “age of anxiety.”

Wow. This is pretty goofy.

Read the Comments

[ # 82228 ] Comment from Tauratinzwe [June 19, 2009, 3:34 pm]

I think it should be “heaven-hi” since hell is thought to be low and heaven is thought to be high. But what do I know.

[ # 82244 ] Comment from Carol [June 19, 2009, 10:48 pm]

Good point. Then maybe they could shorten it from “heaven-hi” to “hi” and then it might get used all over the country!

[ # 82588 ] Comment from HammHawk [June 25, 2009, 5:09 pm]

Love the headline, Howie.

[ # 82849 ] Comment from tomcottar [June 29, 2009, 7:05 pm]

…wouldn’t it be fun to be discriminatory? …and greet some people with ‘heaven-o’ (if they meet your moral standards and you wish them well..), yet greet others with ‘hell-o’ in the event that you wish them to hurry up and go there..

just a thought.

[ # 82917 ] Comment from Joe Kennedy [July 1, 2009, 2:14 am]

Seems to me they probably just say “Howdy” every time anyway… being in Texas and everything.

[ # 99494 ] Comment from VTR1000 Lady [May 29, 2010, 11:20 am]

My friend and I were arguing about this! Now I know that I was right. lol! Thanks for making me sure!

Sent from my iPad 4G

Write a comment

Flickr
www.flickr.com
howieluvzus' photos More of howieluvzus' photos